Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Caring

So the other day, I wrote about my one little friend. 

Last weekend, I started thinking that maybe my most important job with my class this year is letting them know I care. 

I've got the one little friend. 
I've got a Limited English student, who didn't get picked up until after I left school at least 3 times last week. She was one who gave me a hug on the first day of school. 
I've got a student whose dad told me they thought about holding her back, but they were getting a divorce (last year) and thought she was doing better now. (Not so sure on that, dad.)
I've got another student whose parents are separated, and she's got 7 siblings -- probably lots of half brothers and sisters.
One little girl is so interested in her possessions -- not sure what's going on there.
I'm concerned enough about what one friend wrote in her writing sample, that I'm going to copy it and show the counselor. 
And these are just what I can remember off the top of my head after 2 weeks of school. 
Oh, Lord, I just want a big lot of Love to spread around to all these little children that you've placed in my care this year. 








2 comments:

  1. I'm certain that when you need Love to share, you will find some (and more). Thank you so much for taking such great care of your students. They are most fortunate to have YOU!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. My pastor talked about love this morning. It's what we've been called to do on a daily basis in our classrooms. It was a good reminder for me that love should be the foundation of everything I do and say. Our kids need us.

    ReplyDelete