Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thinking Colors

Do you kinda hate yourself for even Thinking about school today? I would love to just shut down/ shut off, but then I peek at someone's blog, or think about something I want to check on Teachers Pay Teachers - and there I go.
Anyway, thinking today about colors and my room. I think because yesterday I downloaded some pictures off my camera and there were some pictures of my classroom - I had great plans to do the Clutter Free Challenge - ha! (I think if you click here, it will take you to this.)
OK, here are a couple of lovely pictures - and as I was looking at them yesterday, I just thought - this is not welcoming; this does not look like a fun place to be.



Now part of my problem is I'm not an all-cutesy type gal. The other part of the problem is I just don't want to do a ton to make my room all special. (And I applaud and admire those of you who do - there is a teacher in my building that did a Caribbean theme this year - it looked great! But I just know I would not do something like that.) And a final problem is that I just get used to seeing things and don't really take in how it looks or how appealing (or not) it is.


Happily enough, Clutter Free Classroom has an idea I just might steal. See this!



I think this would work nicely with my beautiful (ha) orange wall that I'm stuck with.


OK, so, Clutter Free Classroom is selling on TpT her Bright and Beautiful kit - terrific. Maybe I'm the only one, but I can't stand to think of all the ink it is going to take to print things out.


I was thinking, I need to pick my colors and get some color swatches and carry those with me wherever I go. Because you never know where inspiration might strike! (Like today at Target, which I did not give in to because I wasn't sure on my colors - yeah, me!)


So that's my rambling for today - from somebody who wasn't even sure what she had to say!


If you've thought about your classroom decor for next year, please leave a note.


Please enjoy your summer. I'm trying hard.


Sara


9 comments:

  1. I have thought about it and cannot decide between like a million different things. And just when I think I have figured it out, I see something else on Pinterest or on another blog that I love and my whole plan is messed up. I am not sure where I will be yet, if I even have a job (school closed), but my ideas are somewhat narrowed down to pirates (red, white, black) turquoise, green, and brown owls, or black and white and grey polka dots with yellow accents. So different, but each has its own possibilities. Good luck with your room decor search. :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry about your school closing. We've had a lot of staff moving around, going to different schools - it's difficult. Hope you have a room next year.

      Delete
  2. That pic is the inspiration of my room this year... let's see how it goes hahaha good luck with yours!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    PS I'm having a linky and would love for you to join!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never done a theme before. I've decided to go with red and accent with black and white, and throw in farm stuff. LOL Good luck on figuring out what you want to do with your room.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a theme and color scheme for next year. Every year I come up with a new one. I am going with a brown, green, and blue color scheme (with pops of yellow) along with a forest friends theme (foxes, deer, raccoons, etc). Not everyone is into the cutesy stuff, but a color scheme might be the way to go if you feel like doing something without breaking the bank or putting too much work into it. You're the one that is in that room every day, so as long as you're happy, that's all that matters!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thoughts! I really want to try to make my room more welcoming - maybe just the color will do it.

      Delete
  5. I'm not a theme girl (but I do love all things cutesie:-). I love the look of those paper balls and am planning to use a similar backdrop next year with bright pastels and clouds. In fact, I just finished creating it! It'll take some ink, but I'll LOVE walking into my custom made room everyday. Like you, I also have a huge wall of color...mine is purple, dark purple. Good luck on dressing up your room. Decorating is so much fun!

    ~Tanya
    Mrs. Dwyer’s A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your purple wall might be worse than my orange wall :)

      Delete
  6. Hey! I saw your comment on Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog in response to my guest post about anchor charts. I couldn't find your e-mail to respond, so here I am :)

    I have made charts ahead of time and presented to the class, although I think it is more meaningful when they see them come to life or help create them. Other times I have used the GLAD method and outlined in light pencil and then "created" it in front of the kids.

    If you have any other questions, let me know!! TeachinginHeels@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete