Monday, April 27, 2015

Treasures and Trash

What did I do with my weekend, you might ask? 

Well, I don't have beginning or end pictures -- just middle:


Ack! Do you see boxes on almost Every Single Desk?? 

I had been trying to stay a little late once a week -- trying to go through my closet. I just wasn't making much headway. So I decided to spend a Saturday working on it. I actually started Friday after school -- my hubby was out of town. I started on one side of the closet. That wasn't too bad. And then I started early Saturday morning-- I'm an early bird, and got started right away.  It got a little chaotic, because I ended up sorting a few things and moving a few things. 

About 11, I texted my hubby and asked him to come up and help me make my room pretty again. He did help with some stuff, but just having him there gave me the final push to get things done. 

The happy news is I threw away my two trashcans and a box of stuff, and I put one big box and two smaller boxes in the teachers' lounge as giveaway. 

I took home a paper box full of math games and went through those Sunday. I threw away another trash can of stuff.  

Of course, it is hard to do - I was praying that I would make quick decisions and get rid of stuff I just don't use. And oh my goodness - all those copies and all that laminating! Yikes!

I told College Girl I was ready for summer now. My closet was the thing that had been bugging me for a while, and it's taken care of. 

And the bonus is my hubby found some animal information/ trading cards and left two on each students' desk. The kids were surprised and excited about that! 



6 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm awful about putting off my organizing until August this time of year. Need some of your motivation!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! You are way ahead of the game. I've been trying to organize this spring, too. It's slow going. And I have LOADS to go through. I'm moving classrooms this summer, so that's my motivation. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man, the year, I changed classrooms -- what a mess, but yes, it did force me to go through everything! Hope your move goes smoothly. Sara

      Delete
  3. Oh! I love cleaning, organizing, reducing. Great job--you are ready for summer!!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel good getting it done! An added bonus is I won't feel like I have to go up this summer 😀
      Sara

      Delete
  4. We teachers can hold on to things for too long huh? Purging is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete