Monday, August 31, 2015

Good Enough

So I have this little, mini Superheroes theme going on in my classroom. I had the kids decorate the door with Superheroes. I bought some Superheroes signs and put them up above my shelves {sorry no pic of that}.

And I had this great idea -- I'd give all my student jobs a cool name. I even found a website that would give you Superhero names. Well, couldn't come up with enough {that I liked} for all my jobs.

Then I had these primary colored library pockets -- and I was going to type the job name on contrasting primary colored paper and glue it on. But when I went to go buy the paper --- whoa momma! I'm a teacher here people!

And days were slipping away, and I was doing all the student jobs, which made me think, "This is no fun."

So I did this:



And yes, it's all blurry and everything -- but basically, I just printed the names off on white paper and glued them on to these pretty library cards. Good enough. Done. And now I can have students do these jobs. 

And this all made me think, that if you're anything like this teacher -- well, it just seems like I want to wait until it's all perfect... but really, sometimes it's better just to do it and move on. 











3 comments:

  1. Amen Sister. Do you know who Rick Morris is? He's a former teacher that now does presentations. He has great ideas. Anyway, I heard him speak one time and one of his things is "Sometimes good enough is good enough." It's so true. Have a good week!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I gotta get over the "beautiful" and just get real. Thanks for sharing your room!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll all about keeping it simple. There are so many other important things to tackle.

    ReplyDelete