Sunday, October 18, 2015

Book Order Hooray!


Got a Scholastic book order on Thursday. Love Scholastic book orders! I got over 20 free books - partly from some saved points, and partly from freebies because we had a big enough order, and partly because I got 2 coupons for $5 free books because of our September order. 

{Big Aside here -- If you aren't doing Scholastic Book orders, you ought to look into it. Scholastic keeps making it easier and easier for the teacher to input orders.}

While the kids were gone, I distributed the books -- just set them on the desks of those who ordered.  


This is what it looked like after I had passed out the books. 
Notice anything?
Yep, me too. 
That set of desks in the back, well, they are some of my higher readers -- and guess what? They all ordered books!
The set of desks in the front -- lower readers -- some very low and some average low. Notice the lack of books. 
I'm truly not saying this to condemn any parents, but it does make a difference what happens at home. {I know, I know... I'm preaching to the choir on this one!} 
As conferences are coming up this next week, I wish there was some way to share this with parents without hurting their feelings. 






2 comments:

  1. This is an atypical year. I'm hardly getting any bites on Scholastic each month. This makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Scholastic, too! I have over $300 saved in coupons. Trying to decide now how to spend it:)

    ReplyDelete