Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Friday

Good Morning - It is Very Early on this Friday morning. It's also the last day of my short week. Why am I so looking forward to the weekend? :)

Here are a couple pictures of some things I put up on my walls at the last minute. I am pleasantly pleased with the results.




Yes, yes, yes, the spider, flower, caterpillar and dragonfly are freehand. Didn't know I had it in me :) The month names are where I put my birthdays - they decorated candles yesterday and we stapled the candle by the month - I've got a lot of April birthdays!

My half day (Wednesday) - yuck - just didn't seem to go well. I didn't get to read my favorite first day book - "First Day Jitters" and I didn't get to do the fun bead activity I had seen on Sunny Days website. I started them drawing a picture of their family (like I have done in previous years) and it just didn't seem to work. All in all, I went home feeling pretty discouraged.

I was whining to my husband saying things like maybe I shouldn't even be a teacher, and he told me, yeah, right, the reason you spend so much time doing "teachy" things is because you aren't a very good teacher. (You've got to read that with a little sarcasm in your head :)

So I prayed. And decided to act like yesterday was my first day with my kiddos. I read "First Day Jitters." We did the Get To Know You bead necklace adapted from Sunny Days. We did singing and dancing. And I had a fun day. And hopefully, maybe they did, too. 

Joyce Meyer says it's not how you feel, it's what you know. I need to remember that on those days when I feel discouraged. I may not always feel like it, but I know I'm a pretty decent teacher. I bet YOU are, too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment