Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Made It - 2nd time for me!



Well, can I say I made it to Wal-Mart; I made it to Target; I made it to the public library; I made it to the grocery store; I made it to school and I made it to the school's central Make It and Take It center to laminate (and chat with some friends - yeah!)? No?? OK. I'll come up with something else :)

I made a behavior clip chart and laminated it today, but I don't have pictures. It's ready to hang in my room; just didn't get that far when I ran by there today. I laminated a bunch of things I bought at the TpT sale yesterday (and I'm trying Very Hard Not to look for anything else to buy!)

OK, here's a real Monday Made It:

I like to have a little 5x7 photo frame on my shelves behind my desk with one of my beautiful flower pictures (I love flowers!) and a Scripture on it. I've got the Scripture narrowed down; now I need to decide on the picture. I'm sort of leaning toward the top one - I think it fits my room colors a little better. Any thoughts from anyone?

To do this: take a close up picture of a flower. The top flowers - have no idea what they are. My husband and I went to the big city for our anniversary, and he was so sweet and took me to their botanical garden (or should that be gardens??) and this is one of the pictures I snapped. The bottom picture are the flowers of my redbud tree back in early spring.

Take your picture and open it with a photo editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop CS5. Add whatever text you want. Play around with the font, the size, the color. My daughter, the yearbook editor, likes to have a border around the words, so I did that, too.

Then save your picture as a JPEG, and I have mine printed at my neighborhood Walgreen's. (If you are interested in doing this and have questions, just send me an email.)

My week looks like this:
Today: trying to get as much done as I can.
Tomorrow: pajama day - whoo hoo! No School Stuff! I'm even going to try not to look at any school blogs. Can I do it? I'll let you know. 
Wednesday - da, da, da, dum - back to school for a workday.
Thursday is also a workday and Friday is an in-service day.

I feel pretty ready. I've got lesson plans done; I've got copies sent off; I've got my room roughly ready, just needs a few things done. So I think I'll be good.

Okay, Happy Monday Made It to you - hope you made something cute, or useful....or both :)
And happy pajama day to me, tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. Have a great day tomorrow. I wish I would have thought of that for last Thursday... The last day before official work bagan.

    I think my Christmas break will be learning how to make those cool pictures you have been showing.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete