Monday, December 16, 2013

Consonant Blends

Here's a little something I put together right before Parent Teacher conferences - because you know nothing says "I'm a good teacher" like having cool stuff hanging in the hallway - ha! I didn't even think to share until I was getting ready to take them down. 

We had just finished studying consonant blends. So I wrote a whole bunch of blends on little pieces of paper and every kiddo picked a piece of paper. Then they made a poster with that blend on it. I only took one picture - but this is a good one. {Well, except for the now I see not really school appropriate "slap!"} 

And just now, I'm thinking I should have kept these after I took them down and made a book. Because that's what Tammy over at Forever in First would have done :)
OK, that's just being silly. But it does seem to be something that now that I'm thinking about it, I realize - that would be a cool class book, we could make that into a book - and so on. And the kids do really seem to enjoy their self created books. 

Anyway, a little easy thing to reinforce a phonics pattern we studied. 

Happy Monday! Last week!! 
{Not that anyone around here is SOOO ready for a break!}








2 comments:

  1. That would make a great class book! :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me smile as I was reading it. It was like you were having a conversation with yourself. I was just thinking how inappropriate the slap picture was when you noticed it...NOT LOL That is probably what everyone of my kids would draw. I'm like you, I always think about making a book after the papers have been sent home.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete