Friday, March 22, 2013

Teacher Nerd Here

I am such a teacher nerd. These came yesterday:
And boy was I excited! 
{This comes one day after telling my sister I've got too many books in my back room. Hmmm. Wonder how that happens, don't you?}
I had started reading my school's copy of Teaching with Intention and decided I needed my own so I can mark in it. It may be difficult to apply some of this because we have a basal series and our district has a certain way they want to teach that - what on what days and even what story what week. But I want to continue to be a better teacher :)
Reading with Meaning - well, maybe same caveats as above - but I really want my little buggers to not only learn to read, but enjoy it. How many of us have stayed up too late reading an engrossing novel? Or want to finish looking at the magazine we just got in the mail? Or look at one more blog post?? (OK, maybe the last one is the one that got you!)
I am holding off - I'm on my last day of Spring Break - so I'm trying to stay away from school things. I think I need a study night. I have so many books I really want to read, but don't seem to have time, or make time for them.
So what's the most exciting thing that's happened to you over Spring Break? 
 


1 comment:

  1. I love both books, but I don't have the 2nd version of Reading With Meaning like you. Debbie Miller is amazing! Enjoy!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete