Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday Ramblings - 5 for Friday


1 Well, I just spent over an hour doing something I've been wanting to do for a while - so if you notice the little Good Day button on the side and you want to say something nice about it - lol

2 We had Apple Day on Thursday. I was thinking it was basically like last year - and here's that post - but there were a few changes, of course! Last year, we did all the taste testing in our own rooms. This year we got a empty classroom and did all the indoor things there. Boy, was it loud. Last year I had some parent volunteers come. This year, only one parent from another class came. And this year, the kids liked the red delicious apples best, and overwhelming liked the apple juice better than the cider. Now that's more like it. 

3 I am almost done with my first 8 week ESL endorsement class, and I'm not sure what to think. Our assignments consist of reading a book and posting about each chapter and commenting on other people's posts; making a "poster" of an ESL method that is outdated; and doing a reflection paper on a video about SIOP. Thankfully my district will pay me back for my tuition. Because it kinda ticks me off - my professor has not commented on one discussion board and has only been involved in my end of the class by giving me grades on 6 of the 10 postings I did on the book chapters. But whatever!

4 Because our ESL Interventionist is {finally} going to be able to start coming into my room {after a month of testing - trust me I Am So Thankful she does all that!}, I need to rearrange my reading groups. The difficult part is she sees all my low readers - even the one who isn't ESL. OK, that's not difficult. The difficult part is she also sees anyone who is ESL designated - so that's some high kids and some on grade kids. But they also have to come to me for guided reading - so the scheduling is a bit interesting, one might say. 

5 Today Hub Bub and I are headed to a nearby wetlands refuge - well, I'm not sure what it's called. OK, it's Cheyenne Bottoms - so if you live in Kansas, that might make sense, but otherwise, probably not :)
We went there in the spring, but because most of our area of Kansas is under a severe drought, there wasn't much water. We still got to see some amazing birds. But we're hoping it will be even more interesting, because there might be some migrating birds, and there's actually been some rain in our area lately. Plus, my hub-bub is super excited to get to eat at this Mexican food place in the nearby town - lol. 

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]
Hey, I just realized, I've got 5 random things - so I'm going to link up and call it good.  







4 comments:

  1. Sara,
    It is a good day to have a good day! Enjoy your day trip. Is your ESL class online? Which college are you going through? I've been thinking about doing that...
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you found some great birds and ate some great food!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that While brain-training apps may provide a boost, there's no substantial evidence that they can prevent or slow cognitive decline. ... In one study in which a brain-training app improved memory and thinking speed, study participants used the app for one hour a day, five days a week for eight to 10 weeks.
    Antonio from Ramotion

    ReplyDelete