Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dr. Seuss, sort of

Ahem... yes, I'm still here... thanks for asking. 

It's been a whirlwind. Last week was - stay late for conferences; church night; stay late for conferences; early conferences and leave to see my College Girl! 
This week has been - stay an extra day at College Town because of snow; play catch up; long day; and breathe!

Did you Dr. Seuss this week? I have to admit, I didn't. As I've admitted in previous posts, I don't really like all his nonsense words and rhymes - it just makes my head hurt :(

Our school used to do some schoolwide things - but we haven't in several years. One kindergarten teacher did some fun things this year - she made all her kids "thing" necklaces, and she was Thing 1 and her para was Thing 2 and all the kids were Things 3 - 23 or something like that. And I thought - I want to do some fun things like that. So I'm going to put my thinking cap on and put some stuff in the file for next year. And if you want, you can leave a comment about what you did so I can honor you by using it next year. LOL

I've also been struggling through trying to follow district expectations on a new writing strategy we have. It feels like every time it's explained to us, they change something. And I was thinking - I just want to do what you want! {read that in an anguished cry}

And I thought - hmm, this is like my kids. No, no, no, I don't change things all the time. But the part where they just want to do what I want. So the reason that 3 of my little friends are constantly asking me questions is because they want to do it right - they don't want to make a mistake. And argh... Yeah - but you've got to think for yourself, my little friends. 

Anyway, that's a little bit from my world. If you did something fun for Dr. Seuss week and you don't mind sharing, leave me a comment and make this teacher happy! 
 








4 comments:

  1. I like my kids' Cat in the Hat drawings. They always turn out so very cute. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man, (thump my own head) - I copied off your Dr. Seuss now to drawings last year. Totally forgot I had those! Boo hiss to me! Next year, next year! Thanks for the reminder! Sara

      Delete
  2. I hear you about districts changing what they say. Good luck! Our Dr. Seuss was low-keyed... wear pjs, read Seuss books. Done. Hope you have a chance to relax soon!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Low key certainly works!
      I had a great, relaxing, stay in my jammies Saturday. Hope you did, too!
      Sara

      Delete