Monday, April 28, 2014

Counting Down

After my whiney-biney post on Thursday, {and yes, whiney-biney is a word - I use it a lot!}, you might be surprised to read this, but....
My daughter and I were texting each other on Sunday, and during that she asked me how many days I had left. It was 19 then, and after today it's down to 18! What??? How did this happen???

I've still got writing ideas I want to try; and I don't understand why 5 of you can't read 92 words in a minute, but you're close enough we're going to try {even if it's just for my own benefit}; and really, shouldn't you be able to retell a story a little better by now - we're going to keep on working on that; and math - why, oh, why can't you remember how to tell time, or show expanded form, or make a fraction. 

Not that any of that bothers me. No, nope, not really. 

But we've got three good weeks - and then a play week. So we're got three weeks of working hard. Get ready!








4 comments:

  1. You're very close to the end. I've got 5 weeks left, and just like you, there's still so much to do.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel like - "ack!!!" And then, I keep losing track of time for some reason. It's crazy.
      Sara

      Delete
  2. I don';t even want to get started on all of the things I need to review, re-teach, etc... I have some kids reading 92 wpm, but I'm sad to say I have a couple that are really struggling to get 10 wpm. We are in class until June 3 (thanks to snow days) but some of them seem to have already checked out.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! I don't think I could sit and listen to 10 wpm. Did they add days to your school year? That would stink. And yes, some of mine are so done, too! Sara

      Delete