Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bugs!

Spent yesterday (Wednesday) evening cutting and printing. Now I need to do some Thank Yous! Oh, my goodness, what wonderful things people gave away from their TpT stores. If any of you read my blog, Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

After this week, I have one full week left and then four days. Oh My Goodness. (I think I said that in my last post :)
In my district, we have a reading series that we have to follow. This is the last week for that. (We are reading a fun story called, "Now and Ben" about Ben Franklin and his inventions, many of which we still use.)
Anyway, I'm excited to do something different. I plan to do a unit about insects. I'm using material from several different people: Deanna Jump, Monica Schroeder, Turnstall's Teaching Tidbits, and Made for 1st Grade. I'm planning to spend a week on it - we'll see how much I can get done!

Every year since I've been teaching 2nd grade, we've done a talent show. We brain storm ideas of talents 2nd graders might have. I ask them to pick something they might do for the class. Sometimes I have to have discussions (sometimes Lengthy discussions!) with a child to explain why they can't, oh say, ride a horse at school. {Do you have a horse? Neither do I. How are you going to show that talent, then?}
Anyway, for some of the kids, it is really a chance to shine. All of them have a talent; it's just that for some it might be a bit hidden.
I wish I had started this during this week, but even though I didn't, I'm going to go ahead and do it. It will make next week and the next week tight, but oh, well.

I have pretty much planned the next two weeks. I'm trying to balance having fun, we all want to be done and not being embarrassed if the principal walks in. Do you know what I mean?



No comments:

Post a Comment