Thursday, July 26, 2012

Good Reads

Big Aside to start: OK, for some reason, Blogger doesn't have the menu with different fonts and sizes for me. Am I going to have to be grumpy about this?? We will see! Now for what I really wanted to talk about. (Well, happy day, I can't this silly thing to paste a picture on here. Carrying on....)

Goodreads - it was going to be a lot more dramatic with the Goodreads logo showing, I'm just saying.

Wait, wait, more than one way to skin a cat – I’ll type this in word and then try to paste it into my blog. Let’s see.

Anyway, I downloaded Goodreads onto my phone and then I was able to scan all of my books into it. OK, really, all I’ve scanned are the 9 books I have at home. But I was able to “sort” them so to speak, by topic. So out of my 9 books, I have 5 ocean books. If I’m doing an ocean theme, as I plan to when school starts, I’ll know what books I have available for that.

I know that this is a book recommendation site, and I’m not planning to use it like that. And other book organizing apps will let you see what kids have checked out – I know my books probably disappear. I hardly ever had all of my “Bad Kitty” books in the tub, but if somebody permanently borrowed a book, they must have really liked it. And hopefully will read it over and over and over, and maybe some other books too.

My idea is to scan all of my books – what would that be? I’m sure it’s more than 50 :)  Probably more than 100, and even 200. I really have no idea. Anyway, if I have them scanned, I won’t be tempted to buy “Polar Express” more than once. Or the same Dav Pilkey book again.

Does anybody else do that?

Oh, I just love books so much – so this is a way for me to keep track of what I have, hopefully. How do you keep track of your classroom library?

I’m trying hard to hold off until August 1 to do any major school work. Just doing sorta fun, piddly stuff. But I do have to go to our teacher center and laminate today because she will be closed next week. (What kind of timing is that? Although I really can’t say anything because she is SO nice and SO helpful!)

Happy Thursday – although my week is all messed up because my daughter and I went college exploring and today feels like a Monday.

(OK, ha on me - Blogger is being a stinker this morning. My cut and paste didn't work. Hope you can read this. I'll see if I can't make it pretty later :)
Oh, double haha - it was me. Sheepish grin - I had it on HTML. What a dork :)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog the other day on the Newbie Blog Hop. I appreciate it:)

    I have a GoodReads account and I've been looking for an app to inventory my school books...never thought of combining those two. Thanks for that idea.

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete