Sunday, April 7, 2013

5 for Friday - 4/5 (sort of)



Yes, today is Sunday - but I really wanted to do Five for Friday from Doodle Bugs Teaching. It helps me remember the good things. I knew I probably wouldn't be able to post on Friday - my teenage daughter usually hogs the computer if she isn't out with friends, and that's exactly what happened. So, I thought it would be clever to do 6 for Saturday - since I was late. Ha! We met with our tax guy, ate breakfast, ran errands, and it was prom night. No can do. I would attempt 7 for Sunday, but I just don't think that's going to happen.  Anyway, on to the 5 {at least!}
fiveforfriday
1 - It was prom night Saturday and my daughter looked so special. She got her hair done and she had this gorgeous red dress that came about mid thigh and silver high heels that showed off her long legs. Her group of friends ate dinner over at one girl's house, and then they went to prom together and then other places until 5:30am. The most wonderful thing is, we just don't worry about her. She's a good kid. And she said she had a good time, right before she headed to bed.

2. My little math friends - Oh, my goodness, we are working on fractions. We cut rectangles into halves and fourths and even tried thirds.  We drew circles and rectangles and partitioned them. I brought in 3 different shaped pasta, and we wrote fractions based on what we had. We're getting there, but I'm surprised at how hard it is. 

3. Basal Reader - Because we had a short week, I did something a little different. Our story this week was called "Half Chicken." Usually I read (or have the online book read) and then stop about every page for questions. This time, I read straight through. The next day, we went back and I had the students reread a particular page to find the answer to a question. I kind of liked doing it this way. I may do it again. 

4. I've been working on lesson plans all weekend and I have at least an outline for each week until the end of the year. It's a great feeling! 

5. We're getting a refund! Yah! Doesn't always happen, so this is good news!

Happy Sunday to you. It's supposed to be a beautiful day here; I hope it is for you, too. 
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment