Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday after Easter


Happy day after Easter to all! Our district is nice enough to give us today (Monday after Easter) off also. Yeah! I'm still in my jammies and it's almost 11 o'clock! And, I haven't even THOUGHT about school since Friday evening! 



We had an in-service on Thursday about Common Core and Math. Do we ever get to the point where we just "get it"? I don't mean in a quit trying way - I just mean, leave some things the same so we can work at getting better at them. I am looking forward to the math common core. However, our math book will be almost useless, so that means lots of blog-hopping and TpT looking. 



Speaking of math, we've moved to our money unit. (This will be a big change for me next year - this year, we do something and move on. I know, not the best practice. Next year, we'll review and review. Better for the kiddos.) Anyway, I stumbled across this blog and she had mega-websites listed to practice money. Thank You! And what a cool name for a blog - technology rocks, seriously.  

(I guess I found her from Teaching Blog Addict's Bunny Hopping.) 



OK - this will have to be for next year, because I didn't see it in time. And it's probably an oldie, but a goodie. A Cupcake for the Teacher had this idea to use plastic eggs for a matching activity. She used it for antonyms, but you could do synonyms, math facts, etc. Like I said, next year! 



Don't have anything else. If you get today off, enjoy your day. And if you're at school, enjoy your kiddos :) 


Sara 




No comments:

Post a Comment