Sunday, April 1, 2012

Some Theme Talk

I spent some time last weekend thinking about the rest of the year. (Yes, we ARE moving toward that!)

I thought it might be fun to try some different "theme" type things as the weeks go by. For example, in our reading series Houghton Mifflin's Journeys), we have a story called "Working in Space." I thought it might be good to spend some extra time doing some space things - reading other books, looking at websites, maybe doing some experiments and crafts. 

We also have a story called "The Dog that Dug for Dinosaur Bones." Same thing. I was wondering what extra things I could bring in to make it more meaningful for the kiddos.

Another story is called "Now and Ben" about Ben Franklin and all his inventions. I know that this fall I had seen somebody blog about doing an inventions unit, but I can't find that. 

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, something they've used fromTpT or a blog. I would love some comments!  

No comments:

Post a Comment