Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday Stuff

My daughter is home from college this weekend, and we're celebrating my hub-bub's birthday today. It's a good day! And I've gotten his "cake" - he wanted no-bake cookies - done, and every last present wrapped and the house straightened up. It's a great day! 

So a little school stuff before the rest of the house wakes up. {Even the dog has gone back to sleep!}

In my last post, I talked about these leaf pictures we are making in my class. {I have to admit, as I posted that, I thought - this has no curriculum basis; I hope nobody gets all excited about that.} I guess I could have them write about our leaf art process - but frankly, our curriculum is so structured....
Anyway, my thought was we would finish those up on Friday. Think again. Remember I told you about my slow processors? Well, as I was looking at the clock, and my three little sweeties still working away, I realized the painting part wasn't going to happen on Friday. Really, I'm a little proud of myself, because I tend to charge on with something like this to meet my self-imposed deadline, and then I just end up getting frustrated because we aren't done and there's the go-home bell. 

So Friday we spent getting everybody done with their drawing part and Monday we'll paint the wash over it. Here's where we were at before we worked on them Friday:


 
I know the colors are a little, well, not exactly nature colors. But I don't know, maybe that's what 2nd graders see.  

I'm also showing a pic of the construction paper shelf deal my friend gave me. She actually gave me the plywood shelf and those metal clip deals to hold up the shelf. I really like that all my construction paper is sorted out - AND laying flat so it doesn't get all these weird bendy shapes in it. {This probably isn't a big deal to anyone but me - but hey, I'm a simple girl!}
And finally, a teacher at my school leads a 4-H group and for a money maker, they picked a ton of pumpkins and brought them to the school. We could pick them up for a dollar! Wowsa! So of course, my school kiddos each got one. And then I picked up 1 for each of my family members; and then one more; ah, heck, I picked up another one. And then I saw a cute little bitty guy - just had to have him. I think we have plenty! {Two are still at school for those of you that can count :)}

 
Have a nice fall weekend - I plan to!

 


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your hubby. I hope the rest of the day is even better than the beginning! (Leaves look cool!)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete