Monday, July 28, 2014

No Classes



I don't know if you can read this, but it says, "You have no classes." 

I told my husband that I will certainly get a lot done this year if I don't have any students. LOL! Really, I mean it, Laugh Out Loud! 

I've been checking our online grading system, and they (the district) haven't officially assigned students to classes yet. {I'm betting somebody knows who my students are already, but it ain't me!} Well, it's not going to really matter - I don't know any of them yet. Which really, I think is a good thing.

I just want to know how many I'm going to have. I want an idea of reading levels. I want to see the boy/girl ratio. All that statistical stuff - that really sorta scares us, til they become "my kids."

I am heading into the home stretch on summer vacation. A week from Thursday, we start in-services. I'm betting that by then, my class roster doesn't say "You have no classes." 

I'm spending my days getting ready and procrastinating. Procrastinating and getting ready. 

I have lesson plans mostly done for the first short week (we go Wednesday morning, Thursday and Friday) and the first full week. 

Procedures, procedures, procedures. This is how we do it; this is how we do it; this is how we do it. Repeat, repeat, repeat. 

And try to keep it engaging.

And I'm still trying to make some decisions on what all I want to do. 

Tonight, I've convinced my hubby to go up and help me set up my room - well, the furniture. We have a teacher resource center with lots of die cuts that I need to go to yet this week.

So that's what my week's going to look like. Procrastinating, getting ready, moving furniture, finishing stuff that needs done at my house (not school stuff). Happy Monday!







10 comments:

  1. You make me laugh! My hubby is helping me paint in the music room. Hopefully this week!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I'm glad I made you smile :) My hubby helped me move furniture last night - so appreciated! Hope you get your painting done.
      Sara

      Delete
  2. I'm a great procrastinator!!! Hopefully, a friend and I will be painting the classroom on Thursday. I want to do it, but I don't want to do it! If only I was independently wealthy and could afford to pat someone to paint it for me. I know I'll be glad I did it. I go back a week from Friday and I have no idea what I am going to do. Yikes!!!
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting sounds fun - well, nice when you are done. I don't think we're allowed to do that - I've never seen anyone paint any how. I am going to paint a couple shelves. I hope they look nice when I'm done.
      Sara

      Delete
  3. Love the procrastinating! So there with you! Hope you like what you get done.
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's procrastinators anonymous! I actually headed up to the school today, so that's progress.
      Sara

      Delete
  4. It all sounds very familiar and something I'm trying not to think about quite yet. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - it feels like I'm trying not to think about it, too! Well, actually, I got a little excited this evening - and I know I will be on that first day. It's just getting there.
      Enjoy your break! Sara

      Delete
  5. A week and a half planned already???!!! You're putting me to shame. I have the first day ALMOST done. I thought that was pretty good until I read this. You go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to have plans up to Labor Day - I'm a little nerdy that way. But you'll get there, too!
      Sara

      Delete