Monday, July 7, 2014

Vacation

I have been on vacation for a week. And apparently, all kinds of things happen when you leave your home for a week. Like kitty-cats seem to take over your yard. 
And, catching up on blogs I love to read this morning, I see that Mrs. Bartel is doing
Blogging every day for a month! 
Well, I don't know if I can do every day, but yesterday's was so appropriate... So here I go!

We decided to go to Vancouver Canada for our vacation this year. I have to say that while all three of us enjoyed it, it almost had to be my hubby's dream vacation.


We went whale watching - those little big guys move fast! This was the best pic I got. It took only slightly less than forever to get out to where they were, on very choppy water. My hubby was in his element. He was at the back of the boat, and getting splashed and loving it. Seeing these whales moving about made it all worth while. 

For my birthday, we went to Queen Elizabeth Garden. Oh, I guess it's really Queen Elizabeth Park. I almost didn't want to go, but the other two talked me into it. I'm glad they did. It was beautiful. They had two quarry gardens - sort of built into rocks - just wonderful. 

We went on the Capilano Suspension Bridge - ack! hold on tight! Lots of swaying. My hubby back there in the red hat - I think he was doing some on purpose swaying, even though he says he wasn't!Very nice forest/rainforest area.

My daughter snapped a pic of hubby and I as we headed down to the water for an evening walk. And we saw a skunk! Yikes! OK, we also saw lots of great big ships and little ships and was just a nice end of the trip walk.

My hubby got us a nice motel room with a small balcony - and I loved just sitting there and people watching and reading. It was very relaxing for me. 

So my vacation is over and done with. I enjoyed being away, but nothing beats seeing the lights of your own little city in the horizon as you come into town at 10:00 at night. It was good to be home. 






8 comments:

  1. Lovely vacation!!! And whale watching--can't do that in Kansas. So glad you had time to relax and enjoy your family. Have a great day!!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no, not a lot of ocean around here. The whales were amazing! Thanks for doing the linky challenge, so I can too! Sara

      Delete
  2. So fun! Whale watching is definitely on my bucket list! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd enjoy it. It took our boat a long time to get out to them, but it was fascinating! Sara

      Delete
  3. Great vacation! Glad you faced some fears and got to enjoy your trip! Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly interesting! You enjoy your summer, too! Sara

      Delete
  4. Welcome home. I'm glad you enjoyed Vancouver. I would love to see real live whales in action!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already gone again - I've come to our Capitol city with my hubby for his meeting. I'm working on my class this am and shopping in the afternoon.
      The whales were great!

      Delete