Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Communicating with Families

I've made a personal goal for myself to try to do a better job of keeping parents informed about what's going on in our classroom. 

I started a class blog of Weebly - which you are more than welcome to go look at and laugh at - Because - I didn't realize it had a blog page - ack! I have been a little frustrated with this website, but I'm hoping now that I've figured that out, things will be easier. My hope is it will move from me doing all the writing, to kids dictating to me, to them doing their own writing. Here's the website, if you are interested: Class Website.

I've also been very brave and started a class instagram site. My thought was to take pictures of stories we are reading and art projects we've worked on. I don't plan on sharing any pictures that have students' faces in them. If you are interested in the few pics I added there, look on instagram at:
mrs.sanders2 .

My main drawback on both of these is I need to get that camera phone out and shooting. Never seem to remember to do that until I'm at home trying to put something together. I do think that will get better as we go along.

So these are my - well, I was going to say baby steps, but these might be teenager steps - LOL - to trying to keep my students' parents in the loop. Any hints, tips, suggestions are certainly welcome!

It's hump day!!! :)






1 comment:

  1. I think these are great options for your parents. I'm still trying to feel my way through all the technological possibilities out there. Remind101 is another easy one to use.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete