Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Room

One of the first things the gal I'm mentoring asked me was, "What's your theme going to be?" Ummm, well, nothing? I'm doing colors - mostly blue.

Usually around this time of year, I start to see a bunch of wonderful, beautiful classroom pictures on blogs. They look so nice. And oh, my goodness - I just don't have that in me. So I have to say, I was a little happy to see this post by Second Grade Math Maniac where she "confesses" her classroom isn't cute. And then I read Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade where she says, "I'm Not an Interior Designer." Me either.

I know part of it's a time thing and part of it's a money thing.

So here's the real deal in my room for this year. 

 My new desk - which I'm really liking. I got all the important things in it - and the rest of the stuff is just inside my closet. The smaller size is going to work out great, I think.

Every time I leave school, I try to straighten up all my little messes. I usually get everything but this first set of desk cleaned off for some reason.

 College Girl put up my ABC letters - I like the zig zag way she did this. And she didn't have to measure - what a time saver! Haha!!
And we have these horrible orange walls on one side of the room - I just ignore mine and cover it up with lots of student work - some people cover it with paper completely - I can't even imagine!

 The other side of the room. I'll put out chairs on our work day - Tuesday.
I've made some stars that I'm going to put on the wall in the back of the room.

 My cute little animals - now that's decorating!

So that's it. In a week or so, the walls will be covered with kid work. And hopefully it will feel a little like a second home to my little friends that are coming on Wednesday!

Happy Weekend!









7 comments:

  1. Yep, it's a color for me... red, white and black. Good luck this week!!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just so colorful - LOL! Good luck back at ya!
      Sara

      Delete
  2. I've never been a theme girl. Wouldn't that get expensive, especially when one gets tired of a theme and they have to start all over? I'm happy with shades of blue and green. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There ya go - blue and green - and then you can just buy any old thing you see that is blue or green!
      Sara

      Delete
  3. Always love your posts and your honesty. So refreshing. I'm a theme girl. I make my own stuff, and try to keep the costs low. I'm learning how to get a lot of bang for my buck. Crepe paper and plastic tablecloths are my friends.I love to decorate. But I actually like your orange wall. I think I would try to accent it! Good luck! Have fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea for you and your themes! I love how put together those look! I read something about using plastic tablecloths - those would almost last forever, wouldn't they? And once I get enough kid stuff on my orange wall, it becomes invisible LOL!
      Happy decorating!
      Sara

      Delete
  4. I don't do themes either. I think less is more for everyone, regardless of what people will tell you about why they do it. There is so much research that the kids who need practice focusing are easily distracted by decoration. So, there, you're doing it based on research now instead of lack of interior designability. :) Have a happy start this year!

    ReplyDelete