Wednesday, August 6, 2014

How'd I do?

Today's my last day of summer. Let's all take a moment to mourn this sad passing of carefree days and stay-up-late nights.

At the beginning of summer, I made a list of things I wanted to get done this summer - so I thought I'd check and see - how'd I do?

1 - spend time with College Girl - Yes! Probably more than she wants, but hopefully enough to get this momma through 9 months of not getting to see her every day. OK, that's just silly. But we did enjoy quite a bit of time together. 

2Sleep, snooze, rest up - hmmm, just didn't happen for some reason. I'm still as tired as can be, but I'm trying hard to be a bit more regular about my going to bed time.

3 - Ack - scary basement - YES! got this cleaned up and looking good. We've got a small pile that College Girl was supposed to try to sell through a local FB trading page, and a little of that has happened. But all in all, it's looking good! So happy about that.

3 - {yes, there's 2 #3's because I couldn't count in my original post!} Painting projects - half and half here - if you saw this post, you saw me in my cute painting outfit, and you know we got our living room painted. We didn't get College Girl's room painted. I think she just didn't want to pick up all the stuff on the floor so we could move furniture - but I don't know for sure. 

4 - Kindle - YES! Lots of reading. And I love my Kindle. Fits right inside my purse, so while I'm waiting somewhere, I can just pull it out. So wonderful!

5 - Garden - Yes - if I don't take care of this, we don't get yummy cucumbers and tomatoes like we had last night. And College Girl told me she really like zinnias, so I planted some of them. They are beautiful, and they attract a lot of bees and butterflies, so it's a double bonus! 

6 - Math - no - and I don't want to talk about it.

7 - Vancouver - YES! because those prepaid tickets really set that in stone! We had a great time. We saw a lot of really cool things - we went out on the ocean and got to see whales, we went to a beautiful garden (for my birthday), we went to this wonderful market place that just made us drop our mouths because it was so big and varied.

At the Queen Victoria park

 8 - Piano - I picked just one song that would make me stretch a bit, and practiced it for the month. Not as much as I would have liked, but it's a start. 

 9 - Crafting - No, just didn't make this happen.

10 - Sit out on the patio - YES! We've had a cooler than usual summer here in my part of Kansas. Last summer, we had like 10 days over 100. I'm not sure we've even had 1 this year. So lots of evenings, I've gotten Bubby outside to just sit and enjoy. That has probably contributed to my being tired, cuz we stay up way to late out there.

So that's a little of how my summer looked. What about you? Do you still have time to enjoy, or are you back to work?


8 comments:

  1. When you start talking about last days of summer, I realize that mine are numbered as well. Sigh. At least you did well on your list of things to do!
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your days are numbered. I'd suggest enjoying them :)

      Delete
  2. I should have made a list. I feel a sense of accomplishment as I check things off. I think you did pretty good on your list. I got several things accomplished, but I also wasted a lot of time, so I still have a lot of things I didn't get finished.
    Kelly
    .I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I spent a lot of time watching The Office with College Girl. But I told that to my doctor at one appointment, and she said, aw, it's summer. So I'm going with that!
      Sara

      Delete
  3. I should have made a list, too. I usually spend a lot of time doing school stuff during the summer. This year I DID NOT. We moved into a new house (that was filthy) at the beginning of May, so my summer was spent making a home. Or at least starting to. And I feel good about that. Have a great year! I start Monday. Yikes. My son is starting high school today. Pray for us all!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do much school stuff either - no professional reading, no making stuff, etc.
      Good luck with your house - is it getting to look the way you want?
      And yes, I know all about those HS years - lots of changes.
      Have a restful few days until you start back.
      Sara

      Delete
  4. I love lists, too. Sounds like you had a wonderful summer. It does fly by wayyyyy too fast, though. I'm so glad you got to spend lots of time with your daughter, too. :) And math will happen no matter what, so cross that one right off that list! :) Have a GREAT year!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer's end feels better (maybe) when we look at what we got to do. Yours was full of fun and family. Wishing you well as you start back with kids soon!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete